Old widow's Note:
My sister asks for this cake for her birthday every year. It is an old pillsbury recipe that I have modified over the years to suit our tastes. Be sure to grease the pan well, it has a tendency to stick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 3In large bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin, beat for 1 minute at high speed with electric mixer. Add cake mix and spice, blend until moistened. Beat 2 minutes more at highest speed.
- 4Pour into prepared pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 30 -40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool Completely.
- 6For Frosting: In small bowl beat together frosting, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Frost cake. Store in refrigerator but serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Moist Pumpkin Cake With Quick Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 117.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g