Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My sister asks for this cake for her birthday every year. It is an old pillsbury recipe that I have modified over the years to suit our tastes. Be sure to grease the pan well, it has a tendency to stick.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin, beat for 1 minute at high speed with electric mixer. Add cake mix and spice, blend until moistened. Beat 2 minutes more at highest speed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 -40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool Completely.
- For Frosting: In small bowl beat together frosting, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Frost cake. Store in refrigerator but serve at room temperature.