Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
I was craving banana bread but had a crisper full of oranges! I came up with this yummy treat and please note that this is delicious sliced plain, or with a bit of cream cheese frosting on top for more of a dessert. Scrumptious! This is good warm, but to die for after cooling down!
Top Review by Lorrie D.
I used the juice from a can of mandarin oranges 1/2 pkg orange jello 2 c flour and 1 tsp b.soda. 1/2 cup melted margarine and no sour cream. I'll let you know how it turns out!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange peel, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla, sour cream, grated orange peel, and orange juice.
- Stir in sugar and baking soda.
- Stir in flour and mix until most lumps are out. You can mix by hand or with a beater.
- Grease a small loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 38-42 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and slice, or first top with a cream cheese cake frosting.