Recipe by Hybrid Cookin'
Add orange juice instead of water to turn ordinary boxed cake mix into a moist, fresh tasting dessert! This recipe is for light color cake mixes; golden, white or lemon. I have never tried it with chocolate mix as I have always thought orange juice would reduce the richness of the chocolate. Makes a nice, moist cake that is light and delicious.
Top Review by Wendy's Kitchen
Just made this for unexpected guests. Used Betty Crocker Vanilla cake and instead of orange juice a can of apple pie filling (we don;t like orange flavouring). It was great, moist and very tasty - sprinkled icing sugar on the top.
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pudding mix (vanilla or other non-chocolate)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all the ingredients together until blended.
- Pour batter into 2 well greased cake pans ( 8 inch, or other) and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve frosted or with ice cream and fresh fruit. Also delicious drizzled with vanilla sauce.