Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Add orange juice instead of water to turn ordinary boxed cake mix into a moist, fresh tasting dessert! This recipe is for light color cake mixes; golden, white or lemon. I have never tried it with chocolate mix as I have always thought orange juice would reduce the richness of the chocolate. Makes a nice, moist cake that is light and delicious.
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pudding mix (vanilla or other non-chocolate)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all the ingredients together until blended.
- Pour batter into 2 well greased cake pans ( 8 inch, or other) and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve frosted or with ice cream and fresh fruit. Also delicious drizzled with vanilla sauce.
Just made this for unexpected guests. Used Betty Crocker Vanilla cake and instead of orange juice a can of apple pie filling (we don;t like orange flavouring). It was great, moist and very tasty - sprinkled icing sugar on the top.