Recipe by CarrolJ
I found another version of this recipe online and changed it to match the ingredients I had on hand and what sounded good to me. This made a moist, tasty cookie bar that's a nice alternative to chocolate brownies. It is also another good use of those badly overripe bananas. I liked this because it had a mild banana flavor which didn't overwhelm the bars. These bars need no frosting...they are the perfect sweetness without it.
Top Review by lauralie41
Very moist banana bars and a snap to make! My bananas were not black but were on their way and I also used pecans. The white chocolate chips were perfect in adding sweetness and not the heavier flavor that chocolate chips have. Love cinnamon so added an extra shake when adding it to the mixture. A quick treat to make and was very good with my morning coffee. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Fall 2012.
- 2 black bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof dry yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shelled nuts (I used pecans)
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bananas into mixer and mix until well mashed.
- Add egg, oil, cake mix, and cinnamon then mix until well mixed.
- Add nuts and white chocolate chips and mix until well blended.
- Put the batter into a 9 x 13 inch greased pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and testing with a stainless steel butter knife comes out clean with no batter attached.