Recipe by Kate in Ontario
I found this recipe on a website called squiglysplayhouse.com while I was trying to help my kids with a school project. We were trying to create a medieval church. It is a simple recipe that takes very little time and costs a lot less to make than buying modelling clay.
Top Review by Elboe Bethel
Easy to make & easy to clean up. We made hand & foot prints with this and it worked great. I had to watch these bake though because the dough got some air bubbles that needed to be popped before the dough hardened.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together until you have a soft ball of dough-if too dry add a bit of water.
- Sprinkle some flour on counter and knead it until smooth and stretchy.
- Shape the dough any way you want-use a toothpick or straw for making holes.
- When finished shaping, put on cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until hard-timing depends on size of your piece of art.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, you can paint them.
- When paint is dry a clear varnish can be added to give your creation a wonderful shine.