Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of Mom's traditional holiday appetizers. It is super easy to make and is great served on assorted crackers or cocktail rye bread.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package liver sausage or 1 (8 ounce) package braunschweiger sausage
- 1 teaspoon dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine softened cream cheese and liver sausage.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
This was great -- DH and I love liver cheese or braunschweiger or pate'. Not all of my Christmas guests were eager to try it since it is an acquired taste! But I did have one "convert" -- my sister got hooked! It makes alot so I was able to serve it a couple of gatherings. I'm missing it now that it's all gone!