You aren't meant to taste coffee in this cake but you do get a taste of the chocolate now and then, which I love - I guess I just don't chop it finely enough. I found this recipe in an Australian Weight Watcher's cookbook and added the alcohol for flavour. Although I use Cadbury, any block of chocolate from a confectionary store would do. I am guessing at the servings as it is meant to be eaten in small slices being a Weight Watcher's recipe. The prep. time doesn't include soaking dried fruit overnight.
- Chop raisins if they are large in half then soak fruit overnight in coffee and rum (or brandy).
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) and coat a 20cm x 28cm (8" x 12")tin with cooking spray, then line base with baking paper.
- Chop chocolate into pieces, then mix together with dried fruit mixture and flour.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake 2hrs or until cooked through.
- Put some baking paper on top of cake to prevent burning.
this is so easy and delicious. I use a block of Cadbury Old Jamaica Rum 'N' Raisin 250g for the chocolate instead of adding alcohol, and a packet of mixed fruit. If it is a little dry after soaking overnight, add some orange juice when adding the flour etc.