Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how I make my Mocha, it's really tasty and not to mention, fast.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (depending on how strong you like your coffee)
- 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added hot chocolate mix
- 1 tablespoon skim milk powder (optional)
- hot water
- Add the instant coffee granules, hot chocolate mix (and skim milk powder if using) into a mug.
- Add hot water and stir constantly to dissolve.
- Drink, but please be careful and not scald your tongue!
- NOTE: If you prefer a more chocolate-y taste, add some more hot chocolate mix or simply dump in cocoa powder. Please do not add chocolate syrup, it kills the taste completely!
I keep decaf instant coffee around just for a treat like this in the afternoon, when I don't want to make (or have) regular coffee. My cocoa mix envelope was a bit shy of 3 tbls. so I ended up using less, but it was still enough. For the powdered milk, I used vanilla powdered creamer, which added another dimension to the drink. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
This was wonderful for a quick brekkie this morning. Everything needed was at hand to make up. I used Splenda and Dutch cocoa for the chocolate mix. It's made in the time it takes the water to heat and give the cup a stir. Try this when you want something a little extra in your coffee.