Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from one of my Grandma's old cook books that I found about 10 years ago when I was going through her things after the funeral. This spread is simple to make and tastes really good on a hot, humid, Oklahoma summer day.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip or 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 cup olives or 1⁄4 cup pickle, finely chopped
- Place all ingredients in a sturdy mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer, gradually going from low to high, and beat until creamy (about 3 minutes).
Perhaps the feta option would have more flavor, but I prepared this with the sharp cheddar and found it rather bland. Maybe more onions or other seasonings would help. I spread it on dense, chewy dark rye bread for a quick breakfast with low sodium V-8 juice.