Recipe by ida ku zaifah
Must try recipe. Easy to make and taste great too. Serve hot with jam or marmalade.
Top Review by Renegade Chef
I needed a quick, easy cornbread that could bake simultaneously with a casserole, and this fit the bill! I used a whole can of creamed corn. I halved the sugar, but next time I will probably leave it out entirely and sub a little extra corn meal. With those changes it made a very cake-like cornbread.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sweet cream-style corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Line 8" pan and grease base and side with melted butter.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in milk, oil, egg and cream corn.
- Mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Served warm.