Recipe by Marsha D.
This recipe comes from the Kraft Food and Family Magazine. It's as simple as you can get to make. I added a bit more dressing for marinating the meat and use in mixture while simmering. You can mix and match the meats or use one meat alone. Delicious served over or with white rice. NOTE: Cook each meat choice to your desired tenderness.
Top Review by Alias_Lilmama
I loved it! I used brown rice instead of white rice, so I had to start the rice off about thirty minutes earlier so it would be ready in time for dinner(brown rice takes longer to cook)...What a wonderfully healthy dish...I will definitely be serving this at the dinner table again...
- 1⁄2 cup kraft zesty Italian dressing (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless sirloin steaks or 1 lb boneless pork chop, cut into strips
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine Italian Dressing, Soy Sauce and minced garlic to make the sauce.
- In a plastic baggie add the meat of choice and 1 to 2 Tbs. of the sauce.
- Toss to coat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet on medium -high heat.
- Add the meat mixture and stir fry 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Add the red and yellow bell pepper strips and green onions. Stir fry 4 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce to mixture and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice.