Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy one-bowl cake that is nothing short of amazing! --- make certain to prepare the frosting glaze while the cake is baking as it must be added on while the cake is still warm, no baking powder or soda in this cake, it's a rich dense chocolate cake that more like a brownie texture.
Top Review by Potluck Genie...
Eating this cake was a first for me, and am now sure that I will make it again and again. I liked it better the second day and as the cake aged, I thought that it steadily improved. The only two changes I made was to add a grated chocolate bar which had nuts in it, instead of the walnuts called for in the recipe; and added chocolate chips along with the chocolate bar. This cake is delicious and it's hard to refuse just one more piece.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 cups chopped walnuts, toasted (can use chopped toasted pecans)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
CHOCOLATE FROSTING GLAZE
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa, siftened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- For the cake; in a large bowl beat the melted butter with the next 5 ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Add in flour; mix until blended.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top then push down slightly into the batter.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- At this point prepare the chocolate frosting while the cake is baking (the cake must be warm before adding on).
- For the frosting; in a medium bowl beat all ingredients together until smooth and blended; set aside to pour over warm cake.
- Remove from oven then sprinkle the mashmallows on top; return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the prepared chocolate frosting over top of the marshmallows.