1/2 Photos of Easy Mississippi Mud Sheet Cake
This is an easy one-bowl cake that is nothing short of amazing! --- make certain to prepare the frosting glaze while the cake is baking as it must be added on while the cake is still warm, no baking powder or soda in this cake, it's a rich dense chocolate cake that more like a brownie texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts, toasted (can use chopped toasted pecans)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
CHOCOLATE FROSTING GLAZE
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3For the cake; in a large bowl beat the melted butter with the next 5 ingredients until combined and smooth.
- 4Add in flour; mix until blended.
- 5Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- 6Sprinkle the nuts over the top then push down slightly into the batter.
- 7Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- 8At this point prepare the chocolate frosting while the cake is baking (the cake must be warm before adding on).
- 9For the frosting; in a medium bowl beat all ingredients together until smooth and blended; set aside to pour over warm cake.
- 10Remove from oven then sprinkle the mashmallows on top; return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- 11Drizzle the prepared chocolate frosting over top of the marshmallows.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Mississippi Mud Sheet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 68.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g