Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the third of 3 ice cream recipes I found on another site. There is also a list of suggestions for successful ice cream making in another posted "recipe". The "cooking" time is variable due to your particular ice cream freezer. It is not included in the cooking time listed.
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (do NOT substitute any other size choc chips)
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved.
- Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- After about 10 minutes into the freezing, add the chocolate chips.
- After the ice cream has thickened, about 30 minutes later, spoon into a container, and freeze for 2 hours.