Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My eggplant parmesan shortcuts finally ended up here. It's the easiest way to make eggplant that my kids will eat.
- 1 medium eggplant (choose skinny ones)
- 1 cup pizza sauce or 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- oil, to spray pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover shallow metal pan with reynolds non stick aluminum paper (easy clean up).
- Spray non stick paper with oil (because this stuff is sticky).
- Slice eggplants on the bias about 1/4" thick.
- Place slices on pan, sides not touching.
- Top with red sauce.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes until bubbly and eggplant slices are cooked.
- Serve hot or cold.
This recipe is SOOO great!! I pre-cook the eggplant like the recipe says, then top with pesto, cherry tomotoes, spinach, mushies, garlic, (almost any topping would work - but I stick w/veggies) then alittle shredded cheese and bake! Easy, filling, AND Gluten Free Pizza never tasted so yummy!! Give it a try!