Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe adapted from the Gooseberry Patch's "Meals in Minutes". These are very easy and cheap to make for a weeknight meal for the family. This is good to make ahead and refrigerate until time to cook. I hope you enjoy!
- 12 ounces refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup catsup, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (or 1 tsp onion powder)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide and press biscuit dough across the bottom and up the sides of 10 greased muffins cups; set aside. I flattened the dough on a cookie sheet to make it fit better.
- Combine beef, 1/2 cup catsup, onion, egg, oats, and seasonings in bowl; mix well.
- Form into 10 balls and place one in each biscuit cup.
- Spread remaining catsup over the tops and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
These were absolutely delicious and I plan on making a turkey variation of these tomorrow for thanksgiving. My husband makes the best homemade biscuits so that's the main change for us but other than that.... just had to add my personal touches to it. Wonderful recipe that I have already passed on to a few friends!
THANKS again for a GREAT recipe!
I love this recipe. It is simple and easy to make and my picky toddlers love to pig out on it. When I make it I do not save out any of the ketchup, I just use the bottle to drizzle it on later.