Caryn Dalton's Note:
I stumbled across this idea one day when I had too much pie dough from a the new ready-made roll up Pillsbury pie dough (from the refridgerated section at your grocer). I love it because it is so versatile...stuff it with crab mix or cheese/sausage to get a whole new recipe. Makes an excellent party snack! So easy and good! WARNING: Pan will be messy due to the topping and the butter/sugar stuffing melting. I spray liberally using nonstick spray and I prefer Nonstick foil to line the pan when I have it. Don't try to unroll pie crust without nuking first because it will break apart. Pillsbury Pie dough is more flaky than generic and turns out better product. Prep time is only 10 minutes, tops.
My Private Note
mini ro ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pieces pillsbury refridgerated pie dough (1 package)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons of packed dark brown sugar or 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste (or cake spice)
For Sweet Gooey Sauce on Top
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar or 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or cake spice)
- 1Preheat oven according to package directions for pie crust (usually 400-425) and position rack so you can use the center of your oven.
- 2Take 6 TB of softened butter or margarine and process or cream with 6 TB of packed brown suger+ 1 tsp of cinnamon and pinch of nutmeg or cake spice OPTIONAL: add 1-2 TB fine-mid processed pecans or walnuts.
- 3Soften Pie Crust according to package directions by nuking in microwave a few seconds and unroll onto your clean surface.
- 4Spread 1/2 of creamed mixture onto each pie crust then roll back up as before.
- 5With a sharp knife, cut roll into 1/2" or desired width of segments end-to-end. The roll will be difficult to cut after cooking without smashing the filling out as the slices are made.
- 6Spray glass casserole dish liberally with nonstick spray (better to use nonstick foil) and lay each mini roll on dish one deep, leaving 1/4" between each mini roll.
- 7Prepare sauce, if desired, by melting all ingredients together in microwave. Sauce can also be reserved for dipping. Doing so will result in less mess in pan.
- 8Pour over top of mini rolls.
- 9Bake for 12-15 minutes in oven.
- 10They will be a little sticky inside when done and some filling will have leaked out.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (790 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 127.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g