These are so easy to make, you can even sprinkle some finely chopped nuts in the cinnamon/sugar mix. Make certain to drizzle the icing on top of the crescents while they are still warm, the icing will set firmly. The recipe can be doubled.
- Set oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon.
- Separate the dough into triangles.
- Cut each triangle in half lengthwise.
- Brush each dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place a marshmallow half at the wide end of each triangle, then roll up starting at the wide end, pinching ends of dough to seal the marshmallow.
- Place the dough on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar with almond extract and whipping cream, adding in more cream to create a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm crescents.
- Remove to wire racks.
Yummy little treats! We had these for breakfast and everyone enjoyed them. I used a little vanilla extract in the glaze instead of almond, otherwise made as specified. The marshmallow leaked out of a couple of them but they were still great - thanks for sharing!