Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are made with large refrigerated biscuits, using your choice of blueberry or cherry filling.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter (cut into small pieces, no subs!)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (17 ounce) can large refrigerated biscuits (use pillsbury Grands flakey biscuits for this)
- 1 (21 ounce) blueberry pie filling
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 16 (2-inch wide) muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blended cut the cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs; stir in nuts.
- Separate the dough into 8 biscuits.
- Split each biscuit in half to make 16 rounds.
- Using floured fingers flatten each to form a 4-inch round.
- Press each round into muffin cup.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons pie filling into each biscuit-lined cup.
- Sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons flour/cinnamon mix (cups will be full).
- Bake for 15-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tins.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl mix the 3 tablespoons sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Just before serving top each with whipped cream then sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar on top of the whipped cream.