Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are quick and easy and only have four ingredients...
- 6 large lemon cookies or 6 large coconut cookies (3 1/2 inch)
- 6 scoops lemon sherbet or 6 scoops sorbet (1/2 c)
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Using a 1/2 c ice-cream scoop, put one scoop of sherbet on each cookie.
- Freeze until firm, at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Whip the egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place the frozen sherbet topped cookies about 2" apart on a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Spread the meringue over each of the sherbets and also the cookie edges.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.