Recipe by Janneke anne
I am always looking for easy ways to feed the family in the busy fall months. Getting veggies into the kids is a bonus.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale or 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pasta (I use 1 cup penne)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (may be to hot for kids)
- salt & pepper, to your liking
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook onions in 3/4 cup broth, over medium high heat until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add another 1/2 cup broth and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, rest of broth, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, kale and pasta. Add Italian seasoning, rosemary red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.