Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from one I already had. It is easy to prepare, and is very filling served with a grilled ham and gouda sandwich.
- 1 can cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (with Italian herbs)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked small pasta (your choice)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 10 -12 frozen cooked meatballs, cut in half
- fresh spinach, torn (a handful)
- Saute garlic in hot oil.
- Add beans and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in everything else but the spinach.
- Boil 15 minutes.
- Add spinach.
- Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese if desired.