Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Made from milk and powdered milk--try it!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons dried powdered milk
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar (Cheeni)
- 6 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 sheets edible silver foil (Varq)
- Heat the milk slightly and curdle it by adding the lemon juice.
- Then hang it up in a muslin cloth to drain for 3 hours.
- The milk solids are turned into cheese now.
- Knead this well with the milk powder and sugar.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy pan and add the cheese mixture.
- Stir-Fry over very low heat until the ghee separates.
- Remove form the heat and mix in the cardamom powder.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Knead again to blend.
- Pat into a flat cake and cool completely.
- Cut into squares and decorate with silver foil.