Recipe by Amezi Oisuu-Madoon
I found this recipe and kept loosing it--and let me tell you, you don't want to lose this delicious toffee recipe. They are quick and easy, but make sure you have a candy thermometer before you start.
Top Review by JBinSLC
I tweaked this a bit. I made the toffee as directed (chopping my pecans moderately fine with hand grinder) but when it had started to set up but was still hot, I scattered 1/2 bag (~1 cup) milk chocolate chips on top. I let them sit about 30 sec to melt and then spread over the top. I then sprinkled the top with finely ground (like coarse cornmeal) almonds (~1/2 cup). It looks and tastes like almond roca this way.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 3 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Microwave on high 2-2½ minutes until butter is melted.
- Stir well to blend butter and sugar.
- Stir in 1/3 cup almonds.
- Microwave on high for 9-11 minutes until the temperature reaches 300°F.
- Pour on to a baking sheet.
- Break candy bars into small pieces and sprinkle them on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds on the top also.
- Let toffee cool until it hardens, then break it up into small pieces and enjoy.