Fabulous easy version of the classic, low fat, low sodium version. This is from Barbara Kafka's cookbook, "Microwave Gourmet," with only very minor changes. If you don't own this book, I recommend it highly! My copy is about 20 years old, and was one of the first cookbooks I bought as a grown-up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop garlic, ginger and scallions together. Place in 14” x 11” x 2” dish, cover with vegetable oil. Cook on high for 3 minutes.
- 2Removed dish from microwave oven, stir in soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- 3Add green beans, stirring to distribute sauce.
- 4Cook, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring 3-4 times during cooking.
- 5Serve hot or cold. Can be made ahead and reheated for serving.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Microwave Szechuan Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 158.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar