Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This quick and easy side dish has a lot of flavor, is quick, and is mighty convenient when the stove is going full steam ahead. It's also easy to leave out or add to.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, celery, green pepper, and margarine in 1 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with garlic powder, cover, and microwave on high 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in hot water, uncooked rice, and bouillon.
- Microwave 5 minutes on high, then 10 to 12 minutes on 50 % power. Let stand 5 minutes, fluff with fork.