Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This quick and easy side dish has a lot of flavor, is quick, and is mighty convenient when the stove is going full steam ahead. It's also easy to leave out or add to.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Combine onion, celery, green pepper, and margarine in 1 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with garlic powder, cover, and microwave on high 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in hot water, uncooked rice, and bouillon.
- Microwave 5 minutes on high, then 10 to 12 minutes on 50 % power. Let stand 5 minutes, fluff with fork.
This is an outstanding recipe,very easy to make and very tasty. Try it, you will love it!
I love pilaf dishes, and this was no exception. It was so simple to make. Next time, I will reduce the bouillon to maybe 1 tsp. because it tasted a little too salty for me.
Easy! Another one for a working mum who needs a quick and healthy dish for the kids (or adults!)