Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe came from Roma Jean. I had never tried to make pralines until now and these are so yummy. I was part of a ladies day workshop at my church and I made 9 different desserts. This was a favorite! And I brought my microwave to the classroom and made them on site.
- Mix brown sugar, half & half and Karo Syrup in mirowave safe bowl.
- (Microwave 12 or 13 minutes).
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Stir and Stir and Stir and Stir…… until it starts thickening.
- Add 2 cups chopped pecans and stir.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto wax paper. Allow to cool.
I made your recipe for our annual Xmas bake sale. These candies are like the ones that many Mexican restaurants in San Antonio have on their cash register counters. They are called Penuche. Mine don't look like theirs, but they sure do taste good and not gritty. Thank you.