Recipe by Jen T
**Please note this was made in a 700wt Microwave. Please check your own guidelines book to adjust times for a higher wattage oven. Another quick and easy recipe for when you want a warm custard without the hassle of milk sticking to the pot!! You can also flavour this custard with vanilla or your favourite liqueur such as Frangelico, Kahlua, Cointreau, Brandy or Rum :) A good way of using left over egg yolks from another recipe that calls for only the whites, OR use the whites to make some small meriingues to have with the custard and maybe some fruit:)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe jug heat the milk on medium-high (70% power) for 1 minute.
- Combine the sugar and egg yolks and then whisk mixture into the warm milk.
- Cook uncovered on medium (55% power)for about 5 minutes, whisking twice during cooking, until custard thickens slightly.
- When cooked, cover with some plastic wrap, laying it on the surface of the custard.
- Serve either warm or cooled with maybe some fruit & meringues or over a steamed pudding.