Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another quick and easy recipe for when you want a warm custard without the hassle of milk sticking to the pot!! You can also flavour this custard with vanilla or your favourite liqueur such as Frangelico, Kahlua, Cointreau, Brandy or Rum :) A good way of using left over egg yolks from another recipe that calls for only the whites, OR use the whites to make some small meriingues to have with the custard and maybe some fruit:)
- In a microwave safe jug heat the milk on medium-high (70% power) for 1 minute.
- Combine the sugar and egg yolks and then whisk mixture into the warm milk.
- Cook uncovered on medium (55% power)for about 5 minutes, whisking twice during cooking, until custard thickens slightly.
- When cooked, cover with some plastic wrap, laying it on the surface of the custard.
- Serve either warm or cooled with maybe some fruit & meringues or over a steamed pudding.
Awful! :( The egg yolks cooked (and made the custard resemble curds), the sweetness/sugar makes the custard inedible. Did not thicken adequately so I needed to use corn flour anyway - I may as well have used a tried and trusted recipe because that's what I had to do in the end. :(
Excellent, and very easy. A bit too sweet for my personal taste, so I'll reduce the sugar next time, I also added a few drops of vanilla essence. Great recipe, Jen T- thanks for sharing.
what a wonderful way to use up my last eggs! I ended up accidentally using one of the whites, so I added half a teaspoon of vanilla and made a more solid custard.