Darlene Summers's Note:
My mom used to make this for us kids when we were little. We ate it with fried eggs instead of toast or bread. Sometimes we had it with syrup on it like pancakes. I still make and love this. I had this with eggs this morning. Really brings back childhood memories for me. May keep in refrigerator several days. Use an old metal ice cube tray (minus divider) or pan equal to that size, or use a couple of canned vegetable cans, emptied and washed and sprayed with butter spray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water, cornmeal and salt in a LARGE glass bowl, stirring with a wire whip till well blended.
- 2Put in microwave and cover with a sheet of wax paper.
- 3Microwave on High for 6 minutes.
- 4Stir well again. (Mixture will be starting to thicken). Microwave on High for another 5 minutes.
- 5Mixture should be very thick now.
- 6Stir and put into sprayed container you have chosen.
- 7Refrigerate till cold.
- 8Remove from container, slice about 1/4 inch thick, and fry in butter flavored cooking spray till lightly browned. Turn and brown on other side.
- 9Eat with fried eggs, with syrup on it like pancakes, or Italian style.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Microwave Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 198.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g