Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
An easy treat for peanut butter lovers! :)
Make and share this Easy Microwave Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- vanilla ice cream
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and pinch of salt in a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish.
- Cover an microwave on high for 4 minutes, or until mixture boils, stirring twice.
- Add in peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Top with chopped peanuts if desired.
- Cover and store in refrigerator (it will thicken up more when chilled).
- To reheat: microwave on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
Great stuff! Easy to make. I substituted half & half for the evaporated milk, and it still worked!
Terrific! EASY! Delicious !!! I didn't change anything and I only needed to microwave 3 minutes for the boil. I'm going to refrigerate in squirt bottles to save constant reheating the total mixture. I stopped buying store brands when peanut butter became so expensive last year, so to have this back in my pantry gives me such Joy LOL. :))
I thought maybe it would be too sweet, but it wasn't. it's very yummy and sooo easy to make