This is a 3-4 minute omelet which is made in the microwave. Delicious and versatile, it can be made with what you have on hand and what your family prefers. If you like things spiced up you can use hot peppers and hot salsa for a garnish. Good way to get vegetables into the breakfast meal.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (Or your choice)
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml water
- 7.39 ml chopped sweet onion
- 7.39 ml chopped white mushroom
- 7.39 ml chopped bell peppers, chopped asparagus tips, chopped broccoli, can be added or 7.39 ml chopped ham or 7.39 ml crumbled bacon, can be added
- 28.39 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4.92 ml chopped tomato, as garnish if desired
- Spray small glass custard cup with olive oil spray (mine is slightly larger at the top.
- Break one egg into cup and beat with fork until yolk and white are mixed.
- Add water and mix.
- Chop vegetables (meat) into very small pieces and mix with egg in custard cup.
- Add shredded cheese-mix lightly.
- Season to taste.
- Put custard cup on a microwave safe plate and place in microwave oven on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Carefully remove and invert custard cup onto plate. Add garnish as desired.
I do this in a micro-safe coffee mug, and eat it straight from there. I've added leftover meats, veg's, and cheese. Perfect breakfast or midnight snack! I use butter flavored spray for a little extra flavor without extra calories.
Easy to make, use anything in the fridge, I used onion, black olives, mozz cheese, and tomatoes. With toast was delish.