Recipe by tofuspud
YUM! This is one hearty, easy and yummy bowl of comfort food soup! best thing, it's totally fat free and good for you! I love adding pieces of bread to the soup at the end; the bread soaks up some soup and becomes deliciously mooshy (in a good way) I have this when i want an easy lunch with no hassle at all. just pop ingredients into the microwave, wait, and EAT! by the way, the eating's the best part :) Since i'm ultra lazy, i use those microwaveable disposable ziploc bags to cook my soup. NO WASHING UP NEEDED!
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen mixed vegetables (it's up to you, actually)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 slice bread (stale is fine)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sliced onions into microwavable bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, till soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, frozen vegetables and water. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Moosh everything up, to ensure that the tomatoes release their tomato-ey juices. Tear up slice of bread and submerge in the soup, mix.
- Add salt, pepper, tobasco sauce and maybe even some pasta sauce or tomato ketchup to taste.
- Mix and Enjoy!
- PS: Amounts are variable. You may want to add less/ more water depending on what you like. Add more bread. Bread is good for you!