Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Meatloaf in the microwave, who knew? Use microwave steamer bowl to lower fat content. Great for busy nights when you want something hearty, but don't have the time to wait for the oven.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- Mix all ingredients together except barbecue sauce.
- In basket part of steamer, press into a ring. Brush barbecue sauce over top.
- Put about 1/2 cup water in bottom.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high 6 minutes and turn.
- Microwave 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Meatloaf is done when 160 degrees in center.