Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Faster in the microwave!
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, and mustard. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, onion, cracker crumbs, ground beef, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup of tomato sauce mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Place meat mixture in glass ring mold, or 2-quart microwave-proof round casserole.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of meat. Cooked, uncovered, on high, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let stand, covered, 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
I've been doing a similar recipe to this for years handed down by my mom. I use a glass pie dish with an upside-down pilsner glass in the center to make a ring. The ring cooks more evenly in the mocrowave.
Delicious !!!!!!!! I had a silicon loaf pan but wasnt sure so opted on my silicon cake tube pan and it cooked great and was absolutely delicious,i think the tomatoe sauce plus brown sugar gave it a smoky bar-b-cue taste. Thanks for posting.