- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, and mustard. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, onion, cracker crumbs, ground beef, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup of tomato sauce mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Place meat mixture in glass ring mold, or 2-quart microwave-proof round casserole.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of meat. Cooked, uncovered, on high, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let stand, covered, 5 to 10 minutes before serving.