Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is an easy recipe that yields a soft, rich frosting perfect for topping any brownies, cake or bar cookies.
- 3 ounces baking chocolate squares, unsweetened, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, microwave the chopped unsweetened cocoa squares, butter and the milk for about 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for 30-45 seconds more until melted.
- Whisk together until smooth. Then add the vanilla and the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, whisking until smooth.
- Immediately pour over cooled brownies, cake or bar cookies. Spread quickly and smoothly. Do not retouch, since the frosting hardens quickly. Allow to set for one hour before slicing and serving.