Recipe by Lennie
I have been making this microwave fudge ever since I've owned a microwave -- since the early 1980s. I particularly like it when made with flavoured chocolate chips. Nuts can be added if you wish; I recommend toasted walnuts, chopped fairly small.
Top Review by Claire #3
This is about as easy as fudge-making gets! No candy thermometers required. The only thing I've found about this fudge is it tends to get a little soft if left at room temperature, but only if you leave it out for a long time.
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (like Eagle brand)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar (sifted to remove any lumps)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Have ready a 12x8 baking dish, lined with wax paper (you can also lightly butter the dish, instead of using the wax paper).
- In a large glass bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave-- check and stir every 30 seconds or so; it will likely take about two minutes, depending on your microwave's power.
- Stir melted chocolate until smooth.
- With a wooden spoon or sturdy spatula, stir in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, icing sugar and salt.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth top, and chill until firm.
- Cut into small squares to serve.