Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
I found this in the back of my microwave's manual 12 years ago. You can use all types of chips, the combinations are endless and they all work. I use the fat free condensed milk and have left out the butter and it still comes out delicious. I have given this recipe to all my non-baker friends who insist they can't make candy. It comes out every time and impossible to ruin. It's inexpensive and perfect for gift giving at any occasion or at a bake sale.
- 2 (23 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) package walnut pieces
- Place all ingredients except the walnuts in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Depending on your microwave you should not have to cook it longer than 2 minutes.
- Add walnuts, mixing well.
- Spread into a lightly greased baking dish.
- I use a glass pyrex 7X11 dish.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to cut into squares, about an hour.
We call this famous fudge. Super easy, super yummy. My sil makes fudge the old fashion way with a thermometer for Christmas. This year we put this recipe up to her's. This one won :). Thanks for the post.