Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is another recipe from when the microwave was my favorite method of cooking.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- Crumble the beef into a 2 quart microwave-safe bowl. Add onion, mix well.
- Cover and microwave for 5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder and mustard; mix well.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and mix well. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes longer. Add salt and pepper/.