Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 mins
This makes a wonderful glaze for all kinds of cakes. Must use only whipping cream!
- 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (I use Baker's for this)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a microwave-safe bowl place the chocolate squares, whipping cream and butter.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or until the butter has melted.
- Remove and whisk or stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is well blended (you might need to return to the microwave for a couple of seconds).
- Whisk in vanilla until combined.
- Let sit at room temperature to thicken more if desired before drizzling on cake.
Highly recommend this recipe because I have used it for several years. It is almost failproof and very versatile. Good over icecream too. Look no further for a quickly made glaze that does not require many ingredients. Thanks Kittencal......
This glaze is creamy and tastes devine! I made a double recipe and spread/drizzled it on top of Kit's Black Chocolate Cake. My family and I are in a chocolate daze and we love it. Thanks, Kitten!