Recipe by Carolyn Jay
Quick meal, great for week night cooking. I like to sprinkle some cracked pepper over when serving. Very tasty!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 125 g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large microwave safe dish. Cover with lid or plactic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken. Microwave, covered, on HIGH power for 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice and capsicum. Pour in stock/broth, stirring well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH power for 12 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
- Lightly mix in nuts and spinach. Allow to stand, covered, for 3 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.