Recipe by Always in the kitchen Connie
I love almond flavor. One day while making my easy Holiday fudge, I tried experimenting with almond extract, and leftover maraschino cherries. Everyone loved the results. It's so easy to whip up, when you get a chocolate craving.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped maraschino cherry
- 2 tablespoons maraschino juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts or 3⁄4 cup almonds or 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter (for buttering pan) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl.
- Cook on high for three minutes.
- Cook another minute or more, until blended and creamy.
- Cooking time will vary by microwave.
- Add cherry juice, extract, and cherries.
- Cook two more minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add nuts if desired.
- Line a 8 x 8 inch pan with foil.
- Butter foil.
- Add fudge mixture.
- Allow to cool.
- Remove foil from fudge and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Keep in cool place.