Recipe by GSCook
Fast and easy and quite delicious, this is my daughter's favorite and a frequent request. Fortunately, I almost always have the ingredients in the pantry and it takes no time at all to throw together! We take this to every sort of kid-oriented activity for which we need to provide a treat. It makes a nice change from cookies and brownies and always disappears fast.
- 16 cups popped microwave popcorn (2 microwavable bags)
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup (Karo or generic)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop the popcorn according to the instructions and empty into a large bowl (be sure to remove any unpopped kernels).
- Mix the corn syrup and brown sugar together in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on hight for 3 minutes.
- Stir butter and vanilla into the brown sugar/syrup mixture and stir until the butter is melted.
- Pour over the popcorn and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Spread on cookie sheets (greased or sprayed with cooking spray) and dry until desired hardness. (When hard, I break it up a little more as I put it into the serving bowl to make it truly bite sized.).
- Prep time includes time to pop popcorn (about 3 minute per bag -- I usually measure out everything else while the popcorn's popping). Cooking time includes mixing but does not include drying time; however, that will vary depending on how hard you want your popcorn. We have a tendency to eat it pretty much right away!