Fast and easy and quite delicious, this is my daughter's favorite and a frequent request. Fortunately, I almost always have the ingredients in the pantry and it takes no time at all to throw together! We take this to every sort of kid-oriented activity for which we need to provide a treat. It makes a nice change from cookies and brownies and always disappears fast.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pop the popcorn according to the instructions and empty into a large bowl (be sure to remove any unpopped kernels).
- 2Mix the corn syrup and brown sugar together in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on hight for 3 minutes.
- 3Stir butter and vanilla into the brown sugar/syrup mixture and stir until the butter is melted.
- 4Pour over the popcorn and stir until thoroughly coated.
- 5Spread on cookie sheets (greased or sprayed with cooking spray) and dry until desired hardness. (When hard, I break it up a little more as I put it into the serving bowl to make it truly bite sized.).
- 6Prep time includes time to pop popcorn (about 3 minute per bag -- I usually measure out everything else while the popcorn's popping). Cooking time includes mixing but does not include drying time; however, that will vary depending on how hard you want your popcorn. We have a tendency to eat it pretty much right away!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Microwave Caramel Popcorn
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 45.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g