Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is a super simple recipe I saw demonstrated at a Home and Garden Party. It's so moist and just the right size for a small get-together.
- 1⁄2 devil's food cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup cherry chips or 1 cup peanut butter chips, etc
- Combine all ingredients in a batter bowl.
- Pour into a small microwave safe baking dish such as the Pampered Chef mini baker.
- Cover baker with a plate.
- "Bake" on high in the microwave for 13 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes (do not remove the plate), then invert on to plate.
Chocolate cake ready in less than half an hour without having to heat my house up??? Definitely worth 5 stars. I love that this recipe uses only half of the cake mix. Half for now, half for later. :) It makes a cake that is just the right size for my family; not too big, and not too small. I used a dark chocolate cake mix and miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips. I also lightly greased the bowl with Crisco before spooning in the mix. I'm not sure if that was necessary, but I was afraid not to do it. I'll definitely keep this recipe around for those hot days when I want to bake, but it's just too hot to turn on the oven. It's also great for making the perfect size "rainy day project" cake for kids to decorate.