1/1 Photo of Easy Microwave Bacon
Just a quick and easy way to get nice crispy/chewy bacon in the microwave, YUM!! Been making it this way for years, and thought I would share. This method sure beats the spattered grease mess all over the stove top from pan frying, or having to use the oven in the hot summertime. Enjoy! NOTE: Cooking times will vary according to your microwave, the type of bacon, and your desired level of crispness/ chewiness, so feel free to adjust cooking times as necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slice thick slice bacon (such as Hormel Black Label 'Thick Slice')
- 3 white paper towels
- 1On a microwave-safe dish (such as a Corelle dinner plate/or 8 x 10-inch Pyrex glass baking dish), lay down 2 sheets (double layer) white paper towels. Place 6 thick slices bacon on the paper towels (not overlapping each other). Cover the bacon slices with 1 sheet of white paper towel.
- 2Microwave on high for 5 to 6* minutes.
- 3Rotate dish and microwave on high for about 5 to 6* minutes more (*note: microwave ovens vary, so cooking times may vary; time is for my microwave), or until done to your liking (I like mine crisp). Be careful not to burn the bacon.
- 4Remove from microwave. Your bacon is ready!
- 5NOTE: You can use regular slice bacon as well, just reduce cooking time by a minute or two.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Microwave Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.2
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g