Prep 0 mins
Cook 11 mins
Just a quick and easy way to get nice crispy/chewy bacon in the microwave, YUM!! Been making it this way for years, and thought I would share. This method sure beats the spattered grease mess all over the stove top from pan frying, or having to use the oven in the hot summertime. Enjoy! NOTE: Cooking times will vary according to your microwave, the type of bacon, and your desired level of crispness/ chewiness, so feel free to adjust cooking times as necessary.
- 6 slice thick slice bacon (such as Hormel Black Label 'Thick Slice')
- 3 white paper towels
- On a microwave-safe dish (such as a Corelle dinner plate/or 8 x 10-inch Pyrex glass baking dish), lay down 2 sheets (double layer) white paper towels. Place 6 thick slices bacon on the paper towels (not overlapping each other). Cover the bacon slices with 1 sheet of white paper towel.
- Microwave on high for 5 to 6* minutes.
- Rotate dish and microwave on high for about 5 to 6* minutes more (*note: microwave ovens vary, so cooking times may vary; time is for my microwave), or until done to your liking (I like mine crisp). Be careful not to burn the bacon.
- Remove from microwave. Your bacon is ready!
- NOTE: You can use regular slice bacon as well, just reduce cooking time by a minute or two.
it was good
such good bacon
I love bacon sooo much it is awesome.. However this recipe was kinda too cooked and crispy...