Recipe by BecR
Disclaimer: Based on a review, I DO NOT recommend using a paper plate. This is a quick and easy way to get nice crispy/chewy bacon in the microwave. I've been making it this way for years, and thought I would share. This method sure beats the spattered grease mess all over the stove top from pan frying, or having to use the oven in the hot summertime. Enjoy! NOTE: Cooking times will vary according to your microwave, the type of bacon, and your desired level of crispness/ chewiness, so feel free to adjust cooking times as necessary. If this is the first time you use my method, be sure to closely monitor the process and check often.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
This my favorite way to cook bacon--so fast and no mess! Also frees up the stove for making other parts of a meal (and one less pan to wash). I shorten the cook time to 3-4 minutes since I like my bacon soft and chewy.
- 6 slices thick slice bacon (such as Hormel Black Label 'Thick Slice')
- 3 white paper towels
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: I DO NOT recommend a paper plate due to danger of fire.
- On a microwave-safe dish (such as a Corelle dinner plate/or 8 x 10-inch Pyrex glass baking dish), lay down 2 sheets (double layer) white paper towels. Place 6 thick slices bacon on the paper towels (not overlapping each other). Cover the bacon slices with 1 sheet of white paper towel.
- Microwave on high for 5 to 6* minutes.
- Rotate dish and microwave on high for about 5 to 6* minutes more (*note: microwave ovens vary, so cooking times may vary; time is for my microwave), or until done to your liking (I like mine crisp). Be careful not to burn the bacon.
- Remove from microwave. Your bacon is ready!
- NOTE: You can use regular slice bacon as well, just reduce cooking time by a minute or two.