Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Taken from "Micro Ways" cookbook written by my good friend Norene Gilletz at Gourmaia.com --- there's enough sauce to combine with 1 pound of noodles, if you are doubling this recipe make it separately not in the same pyrex cup --- follow microwave times and you will have a perfect alfredo sauce, the Parmesan cheese may be increase to taste -- this will separate if heated the following day so I suggest to use it all at one time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic (can use a bit more only if you like extreme garlic taste!)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place butter and garlic in a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- Microwave uncovered in HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir in whipping cream, nutmeg (if using) basil and black pepper.
- Return to the microwave uncovered on HIGH for another 2-3 minutes, until bubbling.
- Remove and stir in Parmesan cheese, return to the microwave for 2-3 minutes longer until thick and smooth.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
My old recipe (which I can't find) did not have garlic or nutmeg, and I love the way this sauce tasted with these additions. I followed the directions and it came out perfectly. My kids ate it as is with tortellini, but I mixed in some of my homemade tomato sauce to my pasta to cut the richness. I highly recommend this sauce!
Delicious & easy. This is my 7 year old daughter's "signature" dish. She is so proud whenever she makes it. I help get the dish in & out of microwave but otherwise, she does it on her own. Alfredo is her favorite restaurant dish and this is just as good!
Kittencal, you've done it yet again!! I roasted some fresh asparagus with lemon olive oil and topped angel hair pasta with the sauce and veggies and WOW! Quick, easy and what gourmet taste in minutes! Even though I WANTED to take the credit, I HAD to tell everyone about the 'ZAAR (and Kittencal, too)! LOL!! Thank you, thank you!!!