Recipe by Reality
Kids love this EASY after school snack. Cheese melts to look like a Mickey head. So easy, its more of an idea than an actual recipe. Kids of all ages will like it. I made it up and thought it was cute. Also good for kids to help make!
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this 2 stars. I made this for PAC Spring 2008. First of all I thought this was such a cute idea and thought it sounded so yummy and thought the kids at my house would love it. Well I was wrong. My 3 yrs old and 5 yrs old newphews did not like the string cheese melted on the crackers. They did however like the crackers and dipping them in ketchup. I on the other hand loved them. I wasn't crazy over the ketchup but I'd like to try this with some leftover pasta sauce. I used garlic flavored Tricuits. I also only cut 15 discs out and used only 5 crackers. Overall I will have this again as I liked it and that what a good cute snack. Thanks for posting a good snack. Christine (internetnut)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out 6 triscuits on a microwave-safe plate.
- Use kitchen shears (or a knife) to cut the string cheese into 18 small disc slices.
- Place 3 cheese discs on each triscuit in a "Mickey head" shape. (2 discs for ears, 1 for head).
- Microwave for abou 15-20 seconds or until cheese is melted but still looks like Mickey. (caution, cheese and triscuit will both be hot).
- Serve with Ketchup for dipping, if desired.