Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband taught me how to make this rice and now he says I make it better than he does! Moist and delish every time. You can use less Knorr boullion powder if you don't want such an intense flavor or you can use more if you like it saltier, but beware if you use too much it gets way too salty.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons , knorr caldo de tomate powder (Chicken Tomato Boullion found in soup isle with other Knorr brands)
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup roughly chopped tomato (any kind)
- Heat oil in pan.
- Stir in uncooked rice and toast for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. You'll be able to smell it toasting. If you start to see pieces of rice turning brown it's time to add the water.
- Add Water.
- Stir in powder, cilantro and tomato.
- Cover and simmer until rice is done.
- Fluff Rice and Serve.